Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pumpkin soup





Hello beautiful people!
Today I thought I'd share one of my most favourite recipes for the fall with you. This recipe and some others I'm gonna share with you are probably one of the reasons I love fall. I'm not a person that loves the cold, but coming home after a walk in the forrest to some lovely smelling soup or dish are some of the happy moments in the year.
This soup is really easy to make and is not only vegetarian but also vegan. I hope you enjoy trying  it out and that you love it as much as I do.



 600g Pumpkin        200g Carrots         1 Onion                 Spice/Broth/Wine

For the Spice/Broth/Wine mix you need: 200 ml White Wine
                                                         300 ml Vegetable Broth
                                                         1/2 tbsp Salt
                                                         1 pinch of Sugar
                                                         Worcestershiresauce
                                                         Nutmeg
                                                         Pepper
                                                            

Besides this you need: 30g Ginger
                                 2 peppers
                                 1 bunch of basil
                                 some butter
                                 pumpkin seeds (optional)

First of all you basically have to cut all the bigger ingredients into smaller cubes. Then you have to lightly sauté the onion, the ginger and the peppers in a bit of butter. Afterwards you add the pumpkin and the carrots into the pan. Next you add the mix of spice, broth and wine and let it cook for about 20 minutes. You can use this little break to roast the pumpkin seeds.

After the 20 minutes you'll need to puree everything, so that it finally becomes a soup. Now it's time for you to taste and add some more spice if you want to. Be creative and make the soup taste as good as it can!

In the end you can decorate your soup with the sliced basil and the roasted pumpkin seeds.
If you want you can have some bread with it, which I personally always really like.


There you have it! A fast and easy recipe for fall. If you try it out make sure to tell me about in the comments or tweet me. I'd love to hear your results.

I will talk to you soon,

Norina xx

2 comments: