Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Last First Day - High School


Hello beautiful people!
I knew this day was coming for a long time, but now that it's finally time I just can't believe it. I couldn't do anything to stop the time (and I also didn't want to fail last year) and so today was my last first day in High School. It's crazy, isn't it? We go to school for such a long time and then all at once it's our last year. I don't know if any of you reading this is about to start the last year of school or if you already have a job or something, but jst let me tell you: It is an extremely weird feeling.

I didn't really realize this was my last first day until my friend and I watched Teen Wolf together (Anyone else with a Teen Wolf addiction here? No, just me? Ok.) In one of the new episodes it was their first schoo lday of the last year and they called it their last first day. At that moment my friend and I realized that today would be our last first day as well. This thought made us a little melancholic.
Our friendship started exactly 11 years ago on our very first school day and since then we experienced every first day of school together. Whenever school began after the summer holidays we were really excited to meet everyone again and to see if there were any new kids in our classes. Yes, I think excited is the right word to describe the way we always felt. Today was different though. We were more nervous than excited. We didn't know what teachers we would get and if we even had any classes together. Furthermore this year we will have to learn so much. Every grad now counts. If we want a good job we have to be really ambitious and get the best grades. Even though today was our first day it was very obvious how some students were already really stressed.

There are so many things in my head right now. I have to think about what I will learn when since it's not enough to only learn right before the exams. I' thinking about what I will learn with whom. In some classes I already know that I can learn with my friends but in others I only really know like two persons. I have to think about changing classes since I don't know if everything is the way I wanted it to be.

Another thing I'm really anxious about is my blog. Don't worry, I will definitely continue blogging. But with all the learning and using free days to meet my friends, I don't know how much time will be left for my blog. I really hope that I can find enough time but I could be that there are weeks without a new post because I will probably have about two or three exams in just one week.

I want to motivate myself to stay organized and motivated for school this last year and I would love to share some tips with you. A few months ago I already wrote a post about Motivation on Schoolwork and it really helped me and hopefully also some of you to be more focused on homework and learning. I will also started a little in a book I got some time ago (How to become a Straight-A student). Until now I haven't read all of it, but it seems to have some really got and realistic tips.

This is everything for today. I hope you got a great view on what is going on in my head. This post was a more personal post about my thoughts but I still hope that you enjoyed reading.
I would love to hear about your experiences.
Did you already have your last first day in school/university or anywhere else?
How did you feel about it?

I would love to get some responses in the comments or even on Twitter.

I will talk to you soon,

Norina xx

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with this year lovely and try not to get stressed out! Just do your best :) I always hated returning back to school and got so used to the long summer holidays ha,ha! X


    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I'll try my best. After six weeks without school we probably all get used to it and it can be really difficult to get back to school-life.
      Norina xx

      Delete
  2. I'm in my last year of high school too! It is a weird, sad, and happy feeling. It is also very stressful, so I know exactly how you feel! We are in the same boat sister. Don't stress so much, and if you need someone to talk to, hit me up on my blog. <3

    Paint It Rogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanky you for your offer even though I hope I won't get to stressed. I'll be here for you to if you need anything, so feel free to contact me.
      Norina xx

      Delete